The Black Hills symphony would actually play the music for us at the Music Memory Competition. What we would do is every 2 minutes they would play a song and we would write down the selection, Major work, and Composer. For example, Autumn: Third Movement would be the selection, The Four Seasons would be the Major Work, and Vivaldi would be the Composer. Also for Uncle Dave, I didn't win the actual competition I only won a perfect score medal, which is hanging up with my other ones. It was actually a four way tie for first for the fifth grade.By the way, we got our tests back from the competition a couple of days ago. The only question that one of my team members got wrong was instead of second movement they wrote first. But they did have an excuse: they had had the flu for the two weeks before that and hadn't been able to practice at all. Still they did pretty good for not being able to practice.
2 comments:
It still amazes me how you can write down the selections after only hearing less than a minute of a song. That is something that you forgot to mention in your post is that they do not play the whole song, but only a short part of it and it can be from anywhere in the song. I am very proud of you John. Love, Mom
Hi John,
That was a much better explanation. I thought it might have been somehting like that but I wasn't sure. Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me.
Post a Comment